About Us

Bikini days are the best days! That feeling of sun kissed skin, salty locks and sand between my toes is, for me, what dreams are made of. The ocean is a powerful mistress. She brings joy, peace, wonder and connection into our lives, and is an important element to the overall health of the planet, so it's important that we protect what we love. 

Yindi & Salt swimwear is designed in Australia and ethically hand made in Bali using eco-friendly high quality Italian fabric. Made from 78% ECONYL®, a regenerated nylon made from nylon waste otherwise polluting the Earth, like fishing nets, fabric scraps, carpet flooring, and industrial plastic. The other 22% is elastane, to move with you. These products are then woven into a strong buttery soft lycra, which is chlorine & sunscreen resistant and long lasting.

As part of our sustainable approach, we operate as a 'slow fashion' brand’. This means, to avoid unnecessary wastage we carry out small runs rather than mass production. We do endeavour to keep up with swift restocks, but there can sometimes be challenges to this, outside of our control. So get in quick while stocks last!

All packaging is plastic free, recyclable and/or compostable. From the mail bag, to the tape, the hang tag, the hygiene sticker. 

Yindi & Salt a solo woman owned business. Born as a passion project to follow my bliss it has been a massive learning curve, full of challenges and growth. I love getting to create, connect with new salty sisters and design something with women in mind.  

To empower and inspire, Yindi & Salt is designed for the sun, surf and women with an adventurous soul. 

Founder/Designer - Michelle  🐚

Owner Photo Of Sustainable Australian Sustainable Swimwear Made From Recycled Plastic